Best Chicken Burger Sauce
250ml (1 cup) bottle
The best chicken burger sauce is this pink and unctuous mix of three popular sauces with a special umami touch. Perfect for these mini chicken burger sliders!
We all went to restaurants and wondered, “What is the secret of this burger sauce?” Well, I’ve got the ultimate recipe for your next crispy chicken burger. The secret pink sauce contains all the usual suspects—mayo, ketchup and mustard with a touch of pickle brine to make it ultra tasty. The secret is to use Japanese Mayo, giving your sauce this savoury kick everyone digs. This best chicken burger sauce will become your kid’s new favourite ketchup bottle, guaranteed!
The secret? The type of mayo! It’s a special Japanese Mayo made with only yolks, rice vinegar and a special umami enhancer called sodium glutamate (MSG). It may sound like the last ingredient is full-on chemicals, but this little white powder is why Chinese food is so good. Sodium glutamate naturally occurs in tomatoes and cheeses, so consider it a ‘special salt.’ It does, just like salt (sodium chloride), have the effect of making you thirsty. The most popular Japanese mayo is called Kewpie (non-affiliated); you can easily find it online. It’s also known as sushi mayo. The bottle has this fun double end, so you can make it come out in thin or thick lines.
To Serve with
This sauce goes perfectly with these little crispy chicken burgers but is also perfect for french fries or normal burgers. For other ideas on what you could use this sauce with, here are a few recipes from my other food blog that taste amazing with it:
Of course, if you don’t want to bother with a new bottle in the fridge, you can always substitute the Japanese mayo for a normal one of your choice.
The Pink Sauce
- 100 g Japanese mayonnaise or normal mayo
- 75 g ketchup
- 50 g yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp pickle brine
The Mini Chicken Burgers
- 6 mini buns
- 1 chicken breast cut into 1 cm thick patties
- 60 g panko crumbs breadcrumbs
- cherry tomatoes
- Mix all the pink sauce ingredients until homogenous and reserve.
- Cut the chicken, dip in the egg wash (bitten egg) and cover with panko.
- Cook the chicken patties in the Air fryer for 10 minutes at 180°C (350°F) or fry in a pan with the olive oil for 5-6 minutes at medium-low heat.
- Warm up the buns, and add the fillings, chicken and special pink sauce.